GUPES was the result of a consultative forum organized by UNEP and its partners to increase successful engagement with universities. It builds on the successes of the Mainstreaming Environment and Sustainability in African Universities (MESA), the nascent Mainstreaming Environment and Sustainability in the Caribbean Universities (MESCA) and the Asia-Pacific Regional University Consortium (RUC).
GUPES serves to increase the mainstreaming of environment and sustainability practices and curricula into universities around the world.
It is also geared towards encouraging further interaction between UNEP and universities, around the three pillars of education, training and applied research.
This is done in accordance to the UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development, and in partnership with UNESCO, UNU and other organizations.
- ESD youth leaders train to become change agents 2017-03-24
- Experts and practitioners discuss way forward for Education for Sustainable Development at global fo... 2017-03-09
- Call for abstracts (deadline 31 March 2017) for the 9th World Environmental Education Congress 2017-02-10
- 2017 ISCES registration will be open soon 2017-01-22
- The Board Meeting of UN Environment-Tongji Institute of Environment for Sustainable Development 2016... 2016-12-23
- Large-scale environmental education project kicks off in Bulgaria 2016-12-11