|Open Letter to COP21 Ministers and Governments|
|The collective voice of the world’s universities, colleges and students will be heard at COP21 when the United Nations Climate Change Conference takes place in Paris, France during the first week of December 2015. The Open Letter will urge Ministers and Governments to acknowledge and strengthen the research and education role that universities and colleges play in addressing climate change.
Addressed to COP21 Ministers and Governments, the letter also calls for more specific measures to be taken such as showcasing universities and colleges as living laboratories for climate change adaptation and mitigation, increasing support for trans-disciplinary learning, teaching and research approaches, and using university and college campuses and operations as a leverage agent to accelerate the transition to clean energy sources.
More info: http://cop21.grli.org/
Download the Open Letter: https://www.the-ies.org/sites/default/files/documents/Open%20Letter%20to%20COP21%2001%20DEC.pdf
- ESD youth leaders train to become change agents 2017-03-24
- Experts and practitioners discuss way forward for Education for Sustainable Development at global fo... 2017-03-09
- Call for abstracts (deadline 31 March 2017) for the 9th World Environmental Education Congress 2017-02-10
- 2017 ISCES registration will be open soon 2017-01-22
- The Board Meeting of UN Environment-Tongji Institute of Environment for Sustainable Development 2016... 2016-12-23
- Large-scale environmental education project kicks off in Bulgaria 2016-12-11